Sunday, March 1, 2015

Digital Blog Post #G

Chapter 10: Promoting Success for All Students Through Technology

The first point I would like to discuss in this chapter is Differentiated Instruction (DI). To begin with, I learned that differentiated instruction is a teaching approach that involves the creation of different educational experiences for the students. Different educational approaches could range from reading a book, playing online educational games, or even experiments! I believe it is important to include different educational learning styles in the school environment so that students don't get bored. In order to keep the student learning we must keep the students entertained; this happens with new and different things for the students to do in the classroom! 


The next point of interest I would like to talk about is a word cloud. I believe I've used this in one of my other blogs. It is very interesting and grabs attention! A word cloud is a form of representation that involves the text mixed around in different ways. I found it very entertaining, and it's very easy to make! This is a very supportive tool for visual learners! As a teacher I will definitely use that device in my classroom. 




Lastly, I would like to discuss the Interactive electronic storybooks and storybook apps. Interactive electronic storybooks help the students visualize their books they are reading on a computer. In this case, I believe that this is a good idea for kids. When I find myself reading, I much more enjoy it on a computer than an actual book. Storybook apps also help bring this stories to life! These can be found on tablets, computers, and even smartphones (which most young children have nowadays). The electronic storybooks and storybook apps make it so much more entertaining for students to learn because of the added effects that they have. Reading a book itself doesn't have sound effects or moving animations, but electronic storybooks and storybook apps do! It keeps the students involved and entertained! It is a very great idea to include this in the education of students for all ages. 


Provided is an example of an electronic storybook:

1 comment:

  1. Love the storybook - technology really can make it easier to interact with students at their own level. And the computing devices don't care that the little ones want the experience repeated and repeated and repeated! :)

    Differentiated instruction is often seen in student centers/stations in the classroom, but it can also be addressed by allowing students to have choice in what they do to not only have the information presented, but also to show what they know. It is a highly expected skill to use in today's diverse classrooms.

    ReplyDelete